Monday, September 13, 2010

New Teaching Experiences

I taught art at the Chemo Circus today to young kids undergoing chemotherapy treatments.They seemed to really have fun with model magic clay (so did the volunteers.) We made glitzy medallions and festive decorative bowls. Wow, what a bunch of courageous kids, families, and staff.

I am really enjoying my new adventures in teaching. This past summer I taught inner city kids at a neighborhood center. They were so interested in learning how to draw the figure using scale. I would love to do this kind of work full time.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Collins said...

Angie, I am interested in doing something like this, too. E-mail me if you know how I can help out (I want to do hospital volunteering, and the arts--of any sort-would be my focus, I think). Thanks! Elizabeth (sheepandstars@yahoo.com)

Angie Villa said...

Hi Elizabeth, I will Email you, thanks for reading.

Angie